Monday, November 12, 2007

PT School

So wow, its been forever! I am almost finished with my first semester of Physical Therapy school. It has been very hard... one of the hardest things I've ever done. At the same time, I love it. I am having a blast. The other 35 students in my class are really becoming like family out here. Its sweet.

Fun things so far:
- Taking wheel chairs, walkers, crutches, and canes out into the community. We had to pretend we had a disability or impairment and use our assistive device around town.
- Learning out to pop a wheelie in a wheel chair and to fall correctly in a wheel chair... yeah...no body got hurt.
- Stretching lab
- Exercise with the elderly... we went to an elderly activity center... I took a yoga class and it was awesome... them ladies were in great shape!

Not so fun things:
- Researching for laws in PT and comparing/contrasting them to different states
- Measuring body fat percentage
- Too much stuff too do all the time!

Also, I found a really amazing church...its associated with HPC, its called East Bay Church. I love it! Its really small like 30 was there the Sunday that I went and like 7 on the Wednesday night service... I haven't been that much because I've been home a lot on the weekends... My grandmother (dad's mother) has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She's been suffering for 3 months. It's really hard on my family and I know its tough for her. She is ready to leave, but her body just won't let her yet. I know God is going to use this situation in someway one day.

Well, that's about enough postponing of my paper on Athletic trainers and Exercise physiologists vs. PTs... talk to you guys later.

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Mal-lo-ry!!! I miss you girl! I'm glad to see you've learned how to properly fall into a wheelchair...haha. I have no doubt you'll be a great PT one day! We have to catch up soon. I know you're life is busy, so maybe we'll have some free time during the break to have lunch or something. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. I hope your Grandma stays strong in her faith and your family finds comfort in the situation as best they can. I miss you tons and I love you to death!! Muah!

MorningSong said...

Prayers for your Grandma!! Glad to hear form you and I hope all continues to go well for you! It is awesome that you've found a church that you enjoy!

Blessings Mallry!! :)
(email me sometime!)