Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Exchange



This is my Life Group, The Exchange! We are reading a book called Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and it is awesome. It challenges me so much to read the Word fiercely and develop God given interpretations to share with community. Because that is how the Bible is designed, to create community with people and with God. Its a good read.

Last night we all seemed over whelmed with the intensity of Chapter 2 and Amanda felt the need to have a quiet time with God and then we prayed for each other. It was so refreshing and inspiring! I found this verse as I was reading more about the message I heard Sunday from Pastor Stoval from Celebration Church in Jacksonville, FL. He spoke on Marriage Makeovers and how we should continue the act of pursuit forever...That's how God designed every relationship. Draw near to me and I'll draw near to you. As time continues and we continue this active pursuit of one another we become closer and even more attracted to one another. Well, in my quiet time I was focusing on this "active pursuit"... the whole ask, seek, knock verse in Luke 11... God wants us to RUN to Him and in return He cannot wait to RUN this race with us! This continued to Philippians where I found probably my favorite verse right now Phil 3:12-1412...

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

I love this. Its so fitting for the topic of active pursuit...how can you pursue something with your whole heart if you are looking backwards...no progress can be made. We have to forget where we have fallen and get up right where we left off and press on, pursuing, and unveiling.

4 comments:

Caleb Brown said...

You guys have to read Sex God next. It's his new one. Really profound.

MorningSong said...

Sounds good!! Great word to share too! How are you doing?

Hanna said...

Great scripture Mal. You are so wise beyond your years! I love you! Muah!

MorningSong said...

Mallory! send me your new email address and/or let us know how things are going at school!!!

Blessings!